I just got my very first nomination for my blog!!! Yayy, I am writing this while having a huge smile on my face. All thanks to Lucy Frank from ‘A Travellers Footsteps‘ for the nomination. Lucy is a 23 year old Australian who started her solo travel at the age of 18. She started her travel blog to share her journey, inspire other people and to provide information on the best ways to travel.
Before I got nominated, I didn’t know what Liebster Award was, so let’s learn about this together, shall we?
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster Award is an online award that has been circulating over the internet for quite a few years amongst bloggers. It is given to bloggers by other bloggers, which I think is a great way to make new friends and read new blogs.
The Rules for Liebster Award!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
Click here to find out more about the Liebster Award rules.
My favorite blog
My favorite blog, I would say is ‘Bruised Passport‘. They have been an inspiration to me since the start. Their writings have helped so many people plan their trips and they have travelled to so many countries.
I love how amazing their pictures are. It’s unique in it’s own way. Other than them, I love all the travel bloggers I come across because they put in so much time and effort and I love seeing different travel blogs and travel bloggers.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I was born in Hong Kong.
- Animals are my weakness.
- I love going on adventures.
- I’m in a long-distance relationship since almost 4 years.
- My parents mean the world to me.
- My dream is to go skydiving and deep sea diving.
- I am currently a student, studying Bachelors of Psychology.
- I have moved to 5 different places since I was born due to my father’s work.
- For me, travelling is essential.
- I blog part-time for now but I want to make it full-time
Answers to the questions asked by Lucy
- What is your favourite country?
Favourite? I don’t have a favourite because I haven’t travelled to many places but ask me that question in a few years maybe haha. But for now I think Boracay, Phillipines is number 1.
2. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would it be?
Since I am a water baby, I would love to go to any quiet beach. Actually, I wouldn’t mind going to the hills too.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started out as a journal for myself to write about my trips, but I made it public so I could help others travel cheap and to good places.
4. Do you make money from blogging?
Not yet. My aim is not to make money but inspire people and just travel more.
5. One piece of advice to new bloggers?
Well, I am a new blogger too so I don’t have any advice but to tell them not to give up because blogging is hard work and if you don’t give in your 100% then it won’t work. You will also keep learning many new things when you start blogging, don’t get overwhelmed but take it one step at a time. When I started out, someone told me it’s a long term commitment so have patience and work hard.
6. How many countries have you visited?
I have stayed in 5 different countries, other than that I have started traveling around South East Asia and have a few trips coming up.
7. One thing you can’t live without?
My parents and people who have been by my side since the beginning. I value whoever is in my life. AND PIZZA!!!!
My Questions for the Nominees
- What made you start your blog?
- How has blogging affected you as a person
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one do you like the most?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve done in your travels till now?
- What activity do you want to do when you travel and why?
- Do you like the hills or the beach?
- Who is your favorite travel buddy?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What keeps you motivated to blog and travel?
- If you had one super power, what would you want to have?
- When you travel, what do you look for?
While writing this blog I received another award called Bloggers Recognition Award. Look out for my next post 🙂